OK. We all know we should get more veggies in. But how? And at breakfast? Other than an omelette, what do you do? Well, personally I got tired of eggs and spinach. So I decided to change it up. Enter, oatmeal carrot muffins. As part of the large 80 Day Obsession Coach Test group with Autumn Calabrese, I had access to some amazing people and even better recipes. So I found this one, tweaked it a little bit, and now we have a winner.
Recipe makes 12 muffins which equal 4 servings if you’re using portion fix.
3 muffins= 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 greeen
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 6 eggs
- 1 scoop Vegan Vanilla Shakeology
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp stevia or a few stevia drops
Here’s a quick note about the spices. I use what I have. Last time I didn’t have nutmeg so I used some extra cloves. The first time I didn’t use cloves at all. Try it out and see. Use what you have. Make it your own.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients in Vitamix or Cuisinart type mixer. Make sure it will blend all ingredients well
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin
- Bake for 20 min or until toothpick comes out clean from the center of the muffin
- For some added deliciousness, top with peanut butter or honey
These are a perfect breakfast and an amazing pre workout meal! Enjoy and be sure to share with your friends!