OK…so who doesn’t love brownies? I know I do! But I also like my waistline and we all know that it can be ever expanding during the holiday season. Hence, the black bean brownie.
I know, I know! Black beans and brownies don’t mix. Buuuuuutttttt, they actually do. And quite well is I might add. The first time I made these for my husband he asked for seconds. Only then did I tell him what was in it. He happily ate a second one. Then he proceeded to take them to work and have his coworkers try it. They were all equally surprised at the deliciousness!
These are pretty quick and easy. Super delicious! And perfect for any holiday get together, pot luck, family event, or just because. And best of all, they are even good once the “all things peppermint” season is over. Just omit the peppermint ingredients and voila!! You have an amazing oooeey goooeey brownie!
1-15oz can low sodium organic black beans
¼ cup coconut oil
½ cup oatmeal
2 tbsp cocoa OR cacoa powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup agave
½ tsp peppermint extract
½ tsp baking powder
2 candy canes
½ cup mini chocolate chips (don’t ask me why, I just like the mini ones better)
P.S. wanna make this recipe vegan? Use some vegan chocolate chips. You’re welcome!
1.Preheat oven to 350℉
2. Combine all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips and candy canes into a food processor or vitamix and blend well. You may need to stop a couple times and scrape down the sides but make sure it is blended well.
3. Place candy canes in a ziploc bag and crush into small pieces
4. Stir chocolate chips into brownie batter
5. Coat a small square pan with non stick baking spray and spread batter out evenly
6. Sprinkle half of crushed candy canes on top of batter
7. Bake for 15 minutes 8. Top with remaining candy canes
**These brownies will be gooey. Personally, I think they taste even better the next day after they have been refrigerated. That is if they make it that
ENJOY!! Happy Holidays!!