I love potatoes!! I think I could eat them in every meal in some way shape or form. I remember growing up that my mom used to make these potatoes all the time. They were Russet potatoes cut into thin slices, drenched in butter, Lawry’s seasoning salt and lemon pepper and then baked in the oven. They were so delicious but I can only imagine the calories and fat and the minimal nutritional value. So I decided to try and find a healthier way to replicate her recipe and here is what I came up with. It was definitely a hit tonight and I’m sure your family will love it too.
5-6 small yukon gold potatoes
1-2 tbsp olive oil
fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut up potatoes into small wedges and place in a bowl
- Add olive oil and toss potatoes until coated. Add olive oil slowly so you don’t drench them
- add basil, salt and pepper and toss to coat
- Put into a roasting pan and place in oven for approximately 40 min. Move them around about halfway through cooking to brown all sides
I added these as a side to grilled chicken and roasted broccoli. I probably could have eaten the whole pan but I had some self control and now I have some leftovers for tomorrow. This brought back the memories of mom’s recipe without the guilt and calories that came with it. I hope you and your family like this as much as we did.