This is one of my favorite winter time recipes!
It’s super easy and you can portion out and freeze the leftovers.
1 package ground bison, ground turkey, or ground beef
1 bell pepper (any color)
2 cans of beans (any type, preferably organic and low sodium)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package Mrs. Dash Seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
optional toppings: avocado, cheese, Greek Yogurt, scallions
- Turn on large pot to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add in chopped onion and bell pepper and sautee for approximately 5 minutes or until onions are translucent
- Add in ground meat and cook until no longer pink
- Add in tomatoes with juice.
- Add in beans that have been rinsed and drained
- Stir in package of Mrs. Dash seasoning
- Cover and let cook for 20 minutes
Use optional toppings or enjoy as is!
Portion out leftovers and freeze for later.